I still remember the first time I tried to make cookies. I was like 8, I bought a pack of M&M’s from Walmart and I was like alright, cool, I just need to add flour water and baking soda and I’ll have M&M chocolate chip cookies.
Fast forward to me baking those monstrosities and hyping them up to my siblings in the process. I remember they came into the kitchen expecting these amazing cookies. I shielded the cookies from my siblings but they saw them and they roasted me. “EWwww what are those?” “Those look nasty!”
I was heartbroken and vowed to continue practicing
until I found the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Well, I think I’ve found it.
If you like your cookies crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside, then this easy mini chocolate chip cookie recipe is for you. Using dark chocolate chips in this recipe because I don’t love the taste of semi-sweet chocolate but you can use whatever chip you prefer.
Easy Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter
- 1 ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs Room Temperature
- 2 Cups Dark Chocolate Chips Option to use semi-sweet
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts Optional
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda. In a separate bowl with a hand mixer, cream butter and both sugars until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Next, combine eggs, butter and vanilla into sugar mix. Gradually add the flour mix in, about a half a cup at a time. Using a wooden spoon or a rubber baking spatula, fold in the chocolate chip and walnuts. Refrigerate for 1-24hrs.*
- Remove cookie dough from refrigerator to let it sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes. Then preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop tablespoon portions of dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes.