Frozen bananas, hazelnut spread, peanut butter AND strawberries? What more could you want in ice cream? Not to mentions it full of nuts that are beneficial to your health. This Nutty Nice Cream contains almond milk, walnuts and some hazelnut spread. It is SO good and requires minimal work. The light and airy texture reminds me of gelato – minus the milk fat and sugar though. I might be biased but this is waaay better than the dairy-free ice cream choices at the grocery store.
HOW TO MAKE IT
For the Nutty Nice Cream to be sweet and not overly banana-y flavored, you’re going to want to wait until your bananas are nice and spotty.
Line a baking sheet or pan with parchment paper. PEEL your bananas and slice them into coins. Place them on the parchment paper and be sure to space them out. Freeze overnight, or up to 2 hours.
A food processor is crucial! This recipe will not turn out the same in a blender. I assume that has to do with the difference in blades.
Once the bananas are frozen, it’s simple: just toss everything in the food processor. I don’t have an exact time for when to stop the food processor. It’s done when there are no more frozen banana chunks in the nice cream and it’s nice and creamy. When you’re ready to eat, the nice cream is even better with a little melted peanut butter (I used chunky peanut butter for more nuts) and sliced strawberries on top!
You can freeze this Nutty Nice Cream in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. It will get icy though so be sure to give it a little defrost before you dig in. I made mine at 4pm and it was gone by 8pm but if you have the self control to save some for later, more power to you.
Nutty Nice Cream
- Food Processor
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 1 ½ Tbsp Hazelnut Spread
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ tsp Cacao Powder Or cocoa powder
- ¼-½ Cup Crushed Walnuts
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Peanut Butter optional
- Strawberries optional
- Line a large pan with parchment paper. Peel your bananas and slice them into coins. Line your bananas on the parchment paper. Place pan in the freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When the bananas are ready, add them along with the rest of the ingredients to the food processor. Turn the food processor onto the high setting. Allow it process until the nice cream is smooth. If the nice cream is too thick, add a small amount of milk to thin it out. Add more as needed.
- In a small bowl, melt some peanut butter in the microwave. Add the melted peanut butter on top of your nice cream along with sliced strawberries and serve.