We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
We’re heading back to upstate New York for a family wedding, so I thought we’d get ready by making one of our favorite dips – Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip!
This recipe is so simple – mix and bake, and then it’s done! I love to cook but I love a quick snack that can also be dinner.
This dip is made with:
- Shredded chicken
- Crumbled bleu cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Frank’s Red Hot
And a few other items that you probably have laying around your pantry. It is SO easy to make! Using Greek yogurt may not be a conventional ingredient but it adds even more protein to the dip.
I usually make this from leftover chicken after making chicken stock, but you can use rotisserie chicken. You can also just cook chicken tenders or chicken breast and shred that.
BUT for Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip, this is one instance where I would NOT season the chicken. Frank’s Red Hot is very salty and so are some of the cheeses in the dip, so there’s no need to add any more.
This was a portion for just my husband and I that fit perfectly in my 9″ inch cast iron. I love love LOVE how the cast iron can cook anything to perfection, so if you don’t already own one, here’s your excuse to get one!
Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
- 12 oz Shredded Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Bleu Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Cream Cheese
- 4 oz Frank's Red Hot
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Jalapeno half or whole
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease your 9" skillet.
- Mix all ingredients together, making sure the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the mix to skillet and bake for 12-15 minutes, covered with aluminum foil. If the cheese hasn’t browned after this time, place the skillet under the broiler while CAREFULLY monitoring it so it doesn’t burn!
- Serve immediately and refrigerate leftovers.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?