We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
An easy fall salad with the best maple vinaigrette. I’m in LOVE with this salad and I can’t wait for you to try it! Normally, I’m not a big fan of cold salads – raw greens aren’t my favorite, but this vinaigrette kind of marinates the kale to the point where its soft, but still maintains its crunchy tenderness.
This salad is paired with a simple, sweet and tangy vinaigrette, that has just six ingredients:
- Maple Syrup
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cracked Black Pepper
But what else is in the salad? A BUNCH of in-season fall favorites like:
- Dinosaur Kale
- Brussels Sprouts
- Chopped Pecans
This easy fall salad could definitely be made for a crowd but we ate the whole salad in a day. You can eat it on it’s own, as a side, or with a protein on top (it’s AMAZING with grilled chicken). This will definitely convert any Brussels sprout haters to a believer. Even though the Brussels are raw, they aren’t overbearing and offer such a nice crunch, along with all the nutrients and fiber in them!
Can I make this easy fall salad ahead?
Yes! The beauty of kale and raw Brussels sprouts? THEY DON’T WILT! You can mix the vinaigrette with the kale and Brussels and then pop it in the fridge, adding the other ingredients when it’s time to serve. I say add the other ingredients when it’s time to serve, because the apples could brown. However, if you’re making this for yourself, then definitely throw it all together and refrigerate. It’s such a great salad to have for meal prep!
I know you’re gonna love this salad, try it today so it can make it onto your Turkey Day menu!
Easy Fall Salad
- Blender or Food Processor
For the Salad
- 1 Bunch of Dinosaur Kale
- 10-15 Small Fresh Brussels Sprouts more or less, your preference!
- 1 Apple
- Handful of Pecans, chopped
- Handful of Pepitas
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Couple cracks of Fresh Black Pepper
For the Salad
- Wash the Brussels sprouts and the kale. De-stem the kale and thinly slice it, then set aside.
- Add Brussels sprouts to a blender and pulse a few times, until the Brussels are shredded. Add to the kale.
- Peel apple and chop into little bite sized pieces. Add to the kale and Brussels sprouts.
- Toss chopped pecans and pepitas with the salad mix and set aside.
For the Maple Vinaigrette
- Add all ingredients to a jar and shake well. Pour over salad and toss until fully incorporated.
- Serve salad or refrigerate for 3-4 days.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?