We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
This Gluten Free Brownie Cake is so soft and decadent! Made with avocado oil instead of butter, it’s sooo moist and filled with walnuts for an extra dose of healthy fats. It’s quick and easy to make and quick to disappear too 🙂
I was craving a chocolaty, fudgy brownie with the flaky layer of crust on top. But I decided to use avocado oil instead of butter, and almond flour instead of all-purpose flour. The result was this soft, gooey brownie/cake. I call it a brownie cake because when it warms, its texture is a mix between a brownie and a cake. But after refrigerating, it takes a full on brownie texture.
Avocado oil can be tricky to find. One surprising place I can always find it though, is HomeGoods. I have not tried this recipe with substitutions but butter should work just fine if you don’t have avocado oil!
This Gluten Free Brownie Cake gets better and better as it cools. If you refrigerate it overnight, it’s soo good in the morning with some coffee. I love this cake and I know you all will too! Drop a comment below if you make it and let me know how it went for you. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Brownie Cake
- 1 8x8 Baking Pan
- 1 Cup Almond Flour finely ground
- ¼ Cup Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 Cup Avocado Oil
- 2 Eggs
- ⅔ Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 - 1/2 Cup Walnuts optional
- Chocolate Chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, together until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20 minutes. After removing from oven, sprinkle chocolate chips on the cake and lightly press them atop the cake.
- Almond flour is delicate to bake with so allow the cake to cool before slicing into it. Eat immediately after 🙂 Or when cooled completely, refrigerate and enjoy with your morning coffee.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?