We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
These Sour Cherry Popsicles are without a doubt the most refreshing summer treat. They’ve got a natural sourness from the lime juice that remind me of Sour Patch Kid’s Candy!
Sour candy is my favorite guilty pleasure. The sour that’s in candies comes from the citric acid that’s added. Limes contain a naturally high amount of citric acid, ascorbic acid and vitamin C – nutrients that are all needed in your diet.
The cherries in these popsicles also provide a ton of antioxidants and minerals like choline, which is an essential nutrient for all of our health, but especially for those who are pregnant.
Unlike store bought popsicles, these Sour Cherry Popsicles have no refined sugar, no dyes and no junk. It’s just cherries, limes, a bit of fresh OJ and cranberry juice (not from concentrate) and honey to sweeten them. I added a tablespoon or so of honey to sweeten these. Make sure to just add a little honey at a time, then blend and taste. You don’t want these overly sweet so, taste as you go.
I used these silicone molds from Amazon for the popsicles. These are great to have on hand to make cold desserts for teething babies/toddlers. They’re also easy to clean and freeze great. These Sour Cherry Popsicles are such a great summer treat for everyone in the family and an easy low calorie dessert to have on standby. Give them a try today!
Sour Cherry Popsicles
- Popsicle Molds
- 2 Cups Sweet Cherries, pits removed
- 2-3 Ounces Fresh Lime Juice
- ½-1 Ounce Fresh Orange Juice
- ½-1 Ounce Cranberry Juice, not from concentrate
- Add the cherries, lime juice, OJ and cranberry juice to the blender and mix until smooth.
- A tablespoon of honey to the mixtre to start. Blend again. Taste and adjust honey to your sweetness level.
- Pour the popsicle mixture into the silicone molds. Freeze on a flat surface for 4hrs - to overnight. Enjoy!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?