We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
This Egg Foam Margarita has been on repeat all summer long. Everything you love about classic margaritas but with a little protein added for balance.
I love love egg whites in drinks! They add a silky, textural aspect without influencing the taste of the drink. I promise – you can’t taste the egg white at all.
Egg whites are a good source of protein without the fat or calories. Alcohol depletes your body of minerals but egg whites have potassium, magnesium, selenium and more. So you’re giving your body some minerals while you’re depleting your body of them. Balance. Or at least this is what I tell myself while drinking 1 or 2 of these.
How Margarita is Made
You probably already have all the ingredients to make these Egg Foam Margaritas.
- Orange Juice
- Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- Maple Syrup
- Tequila Blanco
- Egg Whites (not boxed egged whites, they won’t foam properly)
- Jalapeno’s (optional)
- Mason Jar
I’m a big fan of making cocktails at home, so I keep my equipment to a minimum. All you need to create this drink is a mason jar. No fancy shakers, strainers, none of that. I know there’s an art to cocktail making but I’m a home cook, not a mixologist. I’ll leave the fancy equipment to the pros.
This is a great drink for hosting, because it can be prepared a head of time. Just don’t add the egg white until you’re ready to serve the drink.
I used Tequila Exotico Blanco and salted the rim with Tajin. You can also just use chili powder and salt or chili powder and sugar, if you don’t have Tajin. The jalapeno is optional but it turns the margarita spicy, which I loooove.
Cool off with this Egg Foam Margarita this summer and then comment below to tell me how much you loved it 😉
Egg Foam Margarita
- Mason Jar
- Measuring Cup
- 3 Ounces Tequila Blanco
- 3 Ounces Orange Juice
- 2 Ounces Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Jalapeno optional
- 1 Egg White
- Add tequila, orange juice, lime juice, maple syrup and jalapeno to a mason jar. Shake vigorously.
- Add Tajin to a plate. Rub a sliver of a lime or water on the rim of your drinking glass (optional but highly recommend!). Fill glass with ice.
- Add the egg white to the mason jar and shake until foamy. Pour over ice and enjoy!
- Do not use egg whites from the box . I have not tried them in this recipe but I do know they have a tendency of not foaming up properly.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?