We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
These Pan Fried Turkey Patties are my go-to meal when my son is refusing food. Picky eating is expected in a two year old, but that doesn’t make it easier on us parents. I make these patties to up his protein and fat intake, and they’re always a hit.
These are basically chicken nuggets but with ground turkey. These could easily be made with chicken instead though!
What’s In Turkey Patties?
The ingredients are very simple. It’s just:
- Ground Turkey
- Diced Onions
And the eggs, breadcrumbs and rice flour, or AP flour, for coating. I love including rice flour to whatever I’m frying because it makes things so crispy!
There really is no substitution when it comes to frying. Air fryer, oven, whatever – some things are just meant to be pan fried, and these patties are one of them! I have not tried baking these or cooking them using any other method besides pan frying. .
To pan fry the turkey patties, I add a little coconut oil to a deep skillet, like a cast iron. You can also use a Dutch Oven – the high sides help a little with the inevitable oil splatter. After frying something that has a breading, I always, ALWAYS recommend placing it on a wire rack. This will help the turkey patties stay crispy. The excess oil will fall away from the patties, instead of gathering and making your patties soggy.
What to Serve with Turkey Patties
We love these plain. The onions + garlic + herbs make them so flavorful and wonderful on their own. If I serve them for dinner I might serve them with
- Roasted Zucchini
- Mashed Potatoes
- Some type of rice
- Or even cut up on top of a pasta!
Whatever you choose to pair it with, I know these Pan Fried Turkey Patties will be a hit with the whole family!
Pan Fried Turkey Patties
- Deep Skillet like a cast iron or a Dutch Oven works too
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 6 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parlsey, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1-2 Eggs
- 1 ¼ Cup Bread Crumbs
- ¼-½ Cup Rice Flour or AP Flour
- In a large bowl, mix the ground turkey, onions, garlic, parlsey and seasonings together. Add the water and gently mix in. Then shape the meat into circular little patties, you should have about 8-12 patties. Place patties on a sheetpan lined with parchement paper and refridgerate.
- Get 3 bowls, one for your eggs, one for the flour and one for the bread crumbs. Whisk your eggs.*
- Get your oil ready. Add a little oil just so it coats the bottom of the pan. Check out my Instagram reel to see how much oil I add (@apieceofressa). Your oil is ready for frying when it reaches 350°F
- One at a time, coat your turkey patty in the flour with ONE HAND. Using the other hand, coat your patty in the egg, shaking off any excess. Switch back to your dry hand and coat your paties in the breadcrumbs.
- Drop your patties in the oil and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side. You can check the internal temp with a meat thermometer to make sure they're done. Temperature should be atleast 165°F.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow the patties to cool before serving. Enjoy!
- You can season your breadcrumbs and flour if you want - I'm usually making these for my toddler so I keep the flavor mild and leave the breading unseasoned.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?