Hi! I’m Laressa (pronounced La-REE-sa). I’m a cook, writer, wife and soon to be mama! Born and raised in upstate NY but now residing in Seattle, WA. I started this blog as an outlet from my previous IT job. My job had me in front of a computer for 8+ hours a day, as well as indoors for 40+ hours a week. It was depressing and a little soul sucking. During work, I was always looking at food blogs, drawing inspiration for the meal I planned to make when I got home. Food was and still is, my passion.
As a teen and into my early twenties, I was a server in many restaurants, from French bistro’s to vegan diners. I always hung around in the kitchens, not only for the free snacks, but to also learn from chefs about foods I was not previously accustomed to. All through out college, I took over the tiny, shared, ill-equipped kitchens in my apartments. I spent Saturdays cooking anywhere from 2-6hrs. I was aware of food bloggers through Instagram but I never had the courage to start A Piece of Ressa, until 2019 when my husband pushed me. This blog has given me the courage to not only share my recipes but the courage to be more confident in displaying my cooking skills.
Some Facts About Me
- I’ve lived in what seems like every corner of New York State (Buffalo, Rochester, & NYC)
- I’m very into fitness – I try to work out 3-5x a week.
- I LOVE the outdoors. Hiking, fishing, camping, I’m in for all that.
- I’ve climbed two volcanoes – one inactive, one active.
- I’m the youngest of 6 girls.
- I have a Bachelors in Geography with a concentration in urban and regional analysis.
Thank you for coming along on this journey with me!