Quick breakfasts are my favorite. Pregnancy has me waking up with my stomach rumbling, so in the mornings I need food FAST. Lately I’ve been craving a bunch of foods from my childhood. Specifically these french toast sticks that my mom used to buy from Aldi’s. My mom is a great cook but we definitely had a stocked freezer of frozen foods, for convenience, because she had six kids and worked full time. This 5 Ingredient French Toast reminds me of those crispy, fluffy, cinnamon sticks that she would throw in the oven for a quick Saturday breakfast.
If you have the time and the ingredients, ALWAYS go for homemade. This 5 Ingredient French Toast contains foods you probably already have in your fridge. No long processes, just simple ingredients and a delicious outcome. Instead of a white bread, I used multigrain bread because it keeps my blood sugar from jumping and it is more filling.This recipe is for a single serving but feel free to double, triple or even quadruple it!
5 Ingredient French Toast
- 2 Slices Multigrain Bread (I used Dave's Killer Bread)
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup Milk of your choice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Couple Shakes of Ground Cinnamon
- Slice each piece of bread diagonally, leaving you with four pieces of bread.
- Mix the egg, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon together.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat and add butter to the pan. Make sure the butter melts and evenly coats the pan. Quickly dip your bread slices into the egg mixture, shaking off excess, then add your slices to the pan.
- Cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes, or until the slices are browned.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately. Optional to add berries, bananas and substitute honey for syrup.